[X4U] JVC Everio and the Mac.

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Dec 18 20:01:01 PST 2006

At 7:00 PM -0800 18/12/06, Adrian Stubbs wrote:
>I bought a JVC Everio Camera in a hurry; needed it for a particular
>event.  My old Canon zr10 broke again.
>
>The camera is fantastic for taking video and Its Mac compatible.
>Should put quotes round that.  The software they supply doesn't work
>and all I can do is drag their files on to my hard drive, rename
>them and play them with quicktime.  I can't then edit them in
>anything.   What do I have to do to make this camera worthwhile...
>it seems to be designed for PC users wanting to dump the files
>directly on to a DVD.
>
>Is there a free or low price way that I can use this camera without
>a ton of pain or is there a similarly good camera that is
>firewire/mac compatible in the way I want... compatible with iMovie
>etc.

I know nothing about that camera, but I do know that if you were to
pay the $30 to upgrade to QuickTime Pro, you could export the movies
to some other format, and I'm sure into a format you could use in
iMovie.

Just go here <http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mac.html>  and click the
grey link to "Upgrade Now".

Daly