[X4U] Word 2004 and OS X server 10.4.8 Wackiness

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 19 20:37:28 PST 2006

Hi,

Now I know the default response is "Its Microsoft what else do you
expect" but I'm hoping someone has a workaround for this.

Over the weekend we upgraded the office of a client from Office X
running under OS X server 10.4.8 (with 10.4.8 on all clients) to
Office 2004 and then patched up to the recent Office 11.3 release.

The network is Cat 6 with Gigabit switches.

Under Office X everything ran fine, now the users are getting
intermittent errors:

"There has been a network or file permission error. The network
connection may be lost."

The server icon remains on the desktop and files can be accessed.

The current work around is to save the file to the desktop, quit Word
and copy the file back to the correct position on the server.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

or should i think of backing out to Word X until the new version of
Office or Leopard arrives?
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Parker's Law: Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the
bone. from Murphy's Law, by Arthur Block, 1977.