[X4U] Dead iPod

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Dec 20 11:14:54 PST 2006

I¹m using the FW port of the front the G5 too awkward to get to the ones on
the back. But my external hard drive has no problems with that port. I could
try the one on the back but I¹m wary of plugging it in again.

Not sure about the clicking sound but it just stopped and it seems to play
just fine. So that is weird.

On 20/12/06 1:10 PM, "Matt Gregory" <vdub.grego at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shouldn't be an iTunes 6 vs. 7 issue I don't think.  Since you're using
> Firewire on both (and presumably the same cable) does it behave the same no
> matter which Firewire port it's plugged into on the G5?  Or for that matter do
> you have problems with any other Firewire devices on the G5?
>
> Still seems strange because the click-click of a bad hard disk is, like was
> said, pretty distinctive, but shouldn't go away depending on which computer
> you're syncing with.
>
> matt.

Richard Gilmore
Media Production Centre
Faculty of Education
University of Western Ontario
rgilmor at uwo.ca

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice...
In practice there is - Yogi Berra