[X4U] if PB monitor dies, does external work?

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Thu Dec 21 13:34:39 PST 2006

---- nk <netkat at comcast.net> wrote:
> Just curious to know...if a powerbook or ibook's own monitor stops
> working for whatever reason, outside of apple care, will an external
> monitor be able to work and be recognized by that computer?

Yes, it will. I have a 15' aluminum PowerBook that I normally operate in 'clamshell' mode (closed, connected to an external monitor).

One day when travelling, my monitor did go bad. When I got back I plugged it in to the monitor, and everything was ok.

Now, if if is your video card failing is what is causing the monitor attached to your powerbook to not work, all bets are off.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net