[X4U] export Address Book

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Fri Dec 22 16:58:35 PST 2006

At 4:08 PM -0800 22/12/06, nk wrote:
>is there a way to export all the contents of Address Book into a
>text-editor-friendly form?
>
>I don't see export or save as or anything like that...using Panther
>on this computer which has the address book...
>
>I guess I could take a whack at opening up the address book files
>with BBEdit, but was hoping for something a bit more elegant.

Here's something that might work for you:
<http://www.antoniolore.net/>
Get the small free script called "Address Book to CSV Exporter".
With a single click it will export your Address Book entries to a CSV
file that you can then open in Excel. From there, you can delete
columns you don't want, and save as a text file.

However, it does seem that the address all comes over in one cell,
not broken into street, city, state, zip.

So it depends on what you are trying to do with the result, whether
this solution will serve.

Daly