[X4U] Video recording meetings with iSight

Scott McCulloch mylists at ascottmcculloch.com
Thu Feb 2 11:10:12 PST 2006

Thanks guys... BTV does appear to be a good option, at least in terms
of having more flexibility than QT Pro for the settings.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get the file size vs. quality ratio to
what it is in QT Pro - even with apparently identical settings on the
video, and the most compression available on the audio. At first, the
BTV files were coming out 12 times larger - then I realized they were
using a much higher data rate, but when I capped it at what the QT
Pro files were showing, the BTV video quality suffered greatly.

While I've only got one choice of image size with QT Pro, it may be
good enough -- the file size to quality ratio is pretty good.

Scott