[X4U] Video recording meetings with iSight

Scott McCulloch mylists at ascottmcculloch.com
Thu Feb 2 11:17:32 PST 2006

I may have spoken too soon... I just discovered that QT Pro's presets
for image size (the movie dimensions) change depending what machine
you're on.

I was testing on my G5 and the preset size is 320 X 240, which is
fine for our purposes. When I tried it on my Powerbook, the QT Pro
preset size for recording video is 240 X 180 - which is probably a
bit on the small side for what we need.

Unfortunately, I still haven't managed to get the "right" balance of
dimensions, quality, and file size using BTV -- and it appears to
gobble up hard drive space while recording, so recording a three or
four hour meeting on a Powerbook is a no-go with BTV... unless I've
missed something - BTV experts feel free to chime in and point me in
the right direction ;-)

Thanks,
Scott