[X4U] DV stream viewing on OSX (intel)

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sun Feb 5 20:27:45 PST 2006

Does anybody know of an application that can display a live DV stream
from a DV camcorder, that also runs on a new Intel Core Duo iMac?

I bought a broken Canon camcorder (which has native analog<->DV
conversion, which is still working) for a few dollars, and was
considering running my TiVO through it and simply using iMovie HD (or
a similar app) to view the streamed DV content.

I'd like to use something other than iMovie because I really just
want the video in it's own window (or full screen) without all of the
clip panes, etc that surround the video viewing portion of the app,
though I will use iMovie if I have to.

I've used PreDView on a PPC Mac without a hitch, but was wondering if
there was something out there that others might know would run under
Intel.

Michael