[X4U] Re: hidden files

Sean Collins sean at hogheaven.com
Mon Feb 6 04:24:08 PST 2006

There's this nifty applescript that was posted a few years ago, which
toggles Finder visibility on/off.  I keep it in my window sidebar for
easy access.

Copy this text into a script editor document, compile and save as a
stand-alone  application.

do shell script "if [ `cat
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist | grep -A 1
AppleShowAllFiles | grep string | cut -c10-11` == 'ON' ]; then
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles OFF
else
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles ON
fi"

tell application "Finder" to quit
delay 1
tell application "Finder" to launch