[X4U] No AppleWorks on intel iMacs?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Feb 6 13:42:06 PST 2006

> yep. that and MacWrite 2.

That was already gone by the time I switched to the Mac, and I don't think
it was on the Mac's that I'd used a few years prior.  OTOH, they did have
WordPerfect V1 for Mac, which I really liked.  I bought the final Mac
Version, V3 and considered it to be inferior.  I don't like to admit how
much money I spent, and how many different Word Processing packages I
purchased in '95 :^/  The sad thing is, I settled on MS Word 6.0.1.

> I like what I can do now, relative to then, but it seems the emphasis
> on simplicity was a much stronger value back then...

What gets me is that it is so simple to do so much in ClarisDraw (and I
assume the drawing portion of AppleWorks), yet it's so difficult to do the
same sort of thing in any drawing program currently available on the Mac.
Software like Adobe Illustrator is great if you're a graphics artist, but if
you're not then it can be a nightmare to attempt the same sort of stuff that
is easy in ClarisDraw.

		Zane