[X4U] No AppleWorks on intel iMacs?

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Feb 7 07:04:02 PST 2006

Simplicity is outlawed today. But applications were simple ³back then²
because programming and computers in general were ³simple² especially
compared with today. But tomorrow¹s apps are going to make today¹s look
simple too. I don¹t think anything today can be marketed as ³simple² though
because it will be criticized as hobbled or having ³few features and
functionality.² People today expect the apps they buy or use to be capable
of anything and if they buy software package Y and then discover that it
can¹t do this or that (no matter how trivial) but if they only bought
software package X it could do all that and more then they¹re going to feel
stupid or ripped off and they¹ll never buy Y again and Y will be out of
business so fast. The competition in the computer world is fierce. Nothing
can be marketed as simple anymore.

Richard