[X4U] No AppleWorks on intel iMacs?

nk netkat at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 08:16:17 PST 2006

I think that's right..prbly a vicious cycle of a customer base
hungrily responding to the marketing of software
which offers More! More! More! More!

who doesn't want More! More! More! ?

plus, things are set up so that if you don't upgrade, you stand a
real chance of not being able to work with others because the new
app's files won't work with your older version OF the app.

I know it's going to seem wacky to some people here, but I'm going to
suggest that peoples' own unrealistic desire to have things get
infinitely better, and at low cost, is the key to the situation.
Marketers try to appeal to customers' desires, then exploit
them...F.U.D., etc.

Why have something that's merely good when you can have something
better?
Why have something that's merely better when you can have something
MORE better?

and on, ad infinitum and ad nauseam

nk