[X4U] browser decomposition??

nk netkat at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 06:04:28 PST 2006

visiting a site this morning, I saw a link on the site; "Attention:
Mac Users"

Naturally, I clicked and read..the author warned about the fact that
no future versions of IE will be released, yadda yadda, then this
snippet:

_______________
"As you may have heard, Microsoft is no longer supporting Internet
Explorer for Macs…What you also may not know is browsers have built
in obsolescence... they corrupt and break down after a period of time. "

"break down?" I'm no expert, but software isn't like a pile of orange
peels and coffee grounds. it's code which remains code, while the
world around it moves ahead, and so that code might become less
functional over time.

Maybe this person was trying to dumb down his explanation of why Mac
users need to look at alternative browsers, but couldn't he have said
"browsers become obsolete" just as easily?

nk