[X4U] itunes & g4 question

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Wed Feb 8 11:42:12 PST 2006

>> hi joe
>> thanks for your answer.
>>
>> the idea was not to mount the drive on my powerbook but to share
>> the tower's itunes library and then stream it from my laptop to
>> the base station.
>>
>> but ard or vnc sounds good too.
>>
>> is a fast/powerful mac needed or can an "old" 400-450mhz do the job…?
>>
>> regards
>>
>> alexandre
> If you are going to stream from your laptop, why do you need a
> separate tower? Just place your iTunes library onto a external
> drive and point to it with ln -s command.
>
> You could even create a simple script that would switch between a
> local iTunes library and the external one.
> ..lj

good question…

in the past i had my itunes library on another drive and i found it
unpractical when updating my ipod.
as for the tower, it isn't just going to be a music server, but also
a backup server. plus, my girlfriend will be able to access the
library from her laptop if it is on a separate unit.

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 80gb / X.4.4 ::