[X4U] Lifespan of Harddrives?

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Sat Feb 11 14:55:01 PST 2006

On Feb 11, 2006, at 6:53 AM, William Scammell wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2006, at 2:41 PM, nk wrote:
>
>> naw..no spikes, but DANG, these things get warm. not too hot to
>> touch, but very VERY warm
>>
>> guess manuf's cheaped out and stopped including fans as in days of
>> yore..or maybe they want their drives to burn out to generate more
>> business...
>>
>> nk
>

> i just picked up a Maxtor One Touch a few days ago.
>
> 300GB for $315 at the apple store.
>
> 7200RPM with a rather noisy fan, though it does go to sleep after a
> bit.

Maxtor OneTouch II E01G300 300GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache USB 2.0 / IEEE
1394a External Hard Drive - Retail package
$220 at newegg.com. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?
Item=N82E16822144365&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=22-144-365

Phil
--
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though
she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I