[X4U] Multi-drive Firewire Enclosures

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Feb 11 16:40:39 PST 2006

At 3:01 PM -0800 2/11/06, Philip J Robar wrote:
>On Feb 11, 2006, at 8:25 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>To my extreme irritation my WeibeTech DuoGB enclosure has decided
>>to give up the ghost.  I've verified that both drives are fine, but
>>the enclosure is dead (the drives spun up and mounted last night,
>>then spun right down).
>
>Have you given WeibeTech's support a try? Given the ridiculous
>prices they charge I'd want to be sure the case wasn't fixable
>before I tossed it.

No, I'm scared to find out how much it would cost to get it fixed, I
got the enclosure about 26 months ago on clearance, and it was less
than $100.  I'm firmly convinced that I can buy the one enclosure
that's being sold on eBay to get all of the parts that I need, and
fix it myself.  As near as I can tell the only real difference is the
front of the case.  The back of it and the DuoGB are *IDENTICAL*.

			Zane