[X4U] Internet Bandwidth Saturated --> Safari Slow

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Sat Feb 11 19:48:43 PST 2006

Greetings,

Has anyone else noticed that since 10.4.4, Safari slows way down when
your internet connection is full downloading other files?

For me, if I am downloading files from any other app. (i.e. Thoth,
etc.) and my bandwidth is nearly full or full (200-500k+) Safari
becomes extremely slow to load pages.

Now, I understand that is is to be somewhat expected as only so much
can 'go through the pipe'. However, in 10.4.3 and earlier, Safari
seemed able to grab some bandwidth for itself to load pages, where as
now, it just seems to stall.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

TIA
--