[X4U] Looking for software that can do incremental backups...

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Feb 12 15:36:38 PST 2006

Daly Jessup said:

>I know Randy will know all about this, but I can recommend Tri-Backup
>as a program that works well, is easy to use, and does many kinds of
>backup, including this one (which they call "evolutive backup".
>
><http://www.tri-edre.com/english/tribackup.html>

Tri-Backup is an excellent choice.

Other good choices for this:

Impression ($25)
http://babelcompany.com/impression/

Personal Backup X ($40)
http://www.intego.com/personalbackup/

Retrospect Desktop ($129)
http://www.dantz.com/en/products/mac_desktop/index.dtml

Retrospect Express, which comes free with some hard drives, also can do
archival backups.

I'm partial to Personal Backup X, because I really like Intego's program
interface/ease of use.  I'm also impressed with how powerful the program
is for the price. They substantially updated it recently.  But if you
have a copy of Retrospect Express that came with a hard drive that you
purchased, I would go with that.

All of the above choices, except for Retrospect Express, can also span
multiple removeable media cartridges.

The popular free backup programs: SilverKeeper and CCC, don't do
archiving.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html