[X4U] Looking for software that can do incremental backups...

Scott McCulloch mylists at ascottmcculloch.com
Sun Feb 12 17:33:30 PST 2006

On Feb 12, 2006, at 3:36 PM, Randy B.Singer wrote:

> I'm partial to Personal Backup X, because I really like Intego's
> program
> interface/ease of use.  I'm also impressed with how powerful the
> program
> is for the price. They substantially updated it recently.  But if you
> have a copy of Retrospect Express that came with a hard drive that you
> purchased, I would go with that.

Does Personal Backup X have the ability to do a setup with
"revolving" media?

One of my colleagues wants to do incremental backups onto FW drives,
but wants to keep one in his car (in case the house burns down, I
guess), and then "switch" the drives once a month so no matter what
disaster befalls him, he'll never be out more than one month of
critical data.

If I remember correctly, he used to use Retrospect for that years
ago, but always complained that it didn't work quite right.

Thanks,
Scott