[X4U] Re: Finding file names only

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Feb 14 03:59:00 PST 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 01:59:26AM CST, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
: On 2/12/06 11:46 PM, Eugene wrote:
: > On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 07:51:38PM CST, Jim Hurley wrote:
: > : Eddie Hargreave wrote:
: > :
: > : >Type a single " before your query in the Spotlight menu and
: > : >it will limit your search to 'Name'
: > : >
: > : >Or use Command-F in the Finder and change one of the default
: > : >search criteria to "Filename" (available via the Other...
: > : >Selection)
: > :
: > : Eric,
: > :
: > : Thanks for the tips. The single quote didn't work for me.
: >
: > AFAIK, you're supposed to put the term in quotes (""), not start
: > the query with a single quotation mark.
:
: Enclosing the term in quotes gives me the exact same number of results as
: using a single starting quote. What does it do on your machine, Eugene?

I don't use Spotlight.  Doh!

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/