[X4U] Screen dimming

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Feb 14 00:09:34 PST 2006

I'm on an Intel iMac with Tiger and what the screen does is dim after about
2 minutes of being idle. I don't want it to do this. In Energy Saver I made
sure "Automatically reduce Brightness of Display before Sleep" is unchecked.
I have the put display to sleep after 30 minutes set in Energy Saver and I
have the the computer put to sleep never. And I have the screen saver set to
come on after 15 minutes. I had the same settings in Panther on my G5 and it
didn't do this. I can live with it but as far as I can tell it shouldn't do
this. Is there some sort of dim display default that can't be user changed?

Thanx

Richard