[X4U] Moving Mail To A New Had Drive On New Computer

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Feb 15 04:00:40 PST 2006

At 9:01 PM -0800 2/14/06, Kunga wrote:
>I have a lot of books. And I know this has been asked a million
>times. But can someone here tell me how to move my complicated mail
>to a new copy of hte system ona new computer so it will act like it
>was on the old computer? Same OS 10.4.5. G5 dual 2.5 to Quad. thanks
>in advance.
>
>I know where all the files are in my Library. I copied all that over.
>But it still acted like this was the first time I ever launched Mail.
>
>But what else do I have to copy over to avoid the first time ever
>launched nonesense?

I don't know where the files are that would stop that. But in your
place I think I would try starting Mail before moving over your old
mail. In other words, set it up with one of your accounts (one where
you have recently gotten mail so the server is likely to be free of
new mail) and then send yourself a test message, retrieve that
message and generally work it over a little. THEN move over your old
files and replace the ones on the new computer with the old ones.
Maybe that will create whatever signal it needs to know that it isn't
your first time running Mail?

Daly