[X4U] Moving Mail To A New Had Drive On New Computer

Heinz-Hermann Adam adamh at nwz.uni-muenster.de
Wed Feb 15 04:59:24 PST 2006

Hi,

I think copying ~/Library/Mail and the ~/Library/Preferences/
com.apple.mail.plist to the Quad prior to launching Mail should do
the job.

If you have launched Mail already, make shure it is closed and
replace ~/Library/Mail and ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist
with the ones from your old Mac.
Especially make shure not to keep any folders or else from the first
lauch of Mail under ~/Library/Mail, otherwise you will see merged
information of the old and new configuration.

I use this to synk the mail between my Macs at work, at home and on
the road. As long as the accounts don't change you have only to
synchronize the ~/Library/Mail between different Macs.

HTH

Heinz-Hermann