[X4U] Re: OS X 10.4.5 (PPC) Is Out

Lists lists at tntluoma.com
Thu Feb 16 09:19:32 PST 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 9:27 AM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> At 1:28 AM -0500, 2/16/06, Lists wrote:
>
>> FYI I had to delete these files to get my Powerbook to perform
>> properly after the upgrade:
>
> What was the symptom prior to deleting the following files?

Everything stopped working.

Machine would freeze up for many seconds at a time.

cmd+space for LaunchBar caused LB to lock up.

Pressing up-arrow in Terminal caused it to lock up.

Menu bar items were locking up (IS THERE A WAY TO FORCE MENU BAR TO
RELAUNCH?)

Generally all around crappy behavior, I was getting ready to
reinstall the OS until I read the MacFixIt stuff.

I am having ongoing issues with an external monitor (DVI) not being
recognized if plugged in when the computer was already on.  This
formerly worked fine.  Could be unrelated, but the timing is very
suspicious.

TjL