[X4U] Address book empty after using iSync

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 08:18:32 PST 2006

Help ?

I ran iSync to sync up my address book and iCal with .mac  yesterday.
It appeared to lock up.. was running for a VERY long time.  I think
at some point I tried to cancel it.
I went into the .Mac preferences to check what I had checked.  ical,
addressbook was selected and ran it again. and it appeared to run
just fine.
I remember checking my iCal app and all appointments were still listed.

But I went to add something to the Address Book today, and it's empty !

Anyone have any suggestions ?    and NOOO  I don't have a "backup"
handy.

I believe my computer at work and another computer at home although
not exactly "current" is pretty current and most "new" contacts are
on my iSync capable phone as well. (my phone does not however have
ALL contacts, just a subset.

I'm hoping to use my computer at work to retrieve ALL information..
I think it still has everything. unless I ran iSync at work yesterday
as well.. can't really remember.

just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to 1.  what went
wrong ?   and 2.  does MacOSX keep some back up copy handy for just
such an emergency ??

Yes I should of had a back up handy.

Kansast