[X4U] Address book empty after using iSync

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 08:27:58 PST 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 10:18 AM, Kansas Territory wrote:

> Help ?
>
> I ran iSync to sync up my address book and iCal with .mac  yesterday.
> It appeared to lock up.. was running for a VERY long time.  I think
> at some point I tried to cancel it.
> I went into the .Mac preferences to check what I had checked.
> ical, addressbook was selected and ran it again. and it appeared to
> run just fine.
> I remember checking my iCal app and all appointments were still
> listed.
>
> But I went to add something to the Address Book today, and it's
> empty !
> <SNIP>
> Kansast

EGAD.   anyways..  looked around after posting this email..
in my Application Support /AddressBook directory was a file called
something like : AddressBook.data.previous  which was several MB in
size compared to the few k my current addressbook.data file was.  All
seems well with the world !

Don't know what went wrong with my last iSync update.. but THANK YOU
Apple for staying on the ball and making a backup for me !!!

Kansast