[X4U] 10.4.5

Scott McCulloch mylists at ascottmcculloch.com
Fri Feb 17 08:41:28 PST 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 5:10 AM, faramineux wrote:

> Has anyone updated? Anything to worry about? Smooth?

Not entirely smooth for me.

After doing the update, my Dual 2Ghz G5 would not reboot... got stuck
at a blue screen.

A call to Apple Tech Support got it sorted out pretty easily, but my
blood pressure was already on the rise!

It turned out to be a conflict with something in my StartupItems
folder (the possible culprits were VirtualPCOSServices, Tablet [for
the wacom tablet], and Peer_Server [for a data visualization program]
-- I didn't put any of those back because I don't need them, so I'm
not sure which it was).

Once the StartupItems folder was cleared out (by booting in safe
mode), and I added back the items I really needed, I rebooted with
fingers crossed. Since then, all has been great.

Scott