[X4U] 10.4.5

PJ Bearstein pj_bearstein at insightbb.com
Fri Feb 17 09:48:38 PST 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Scott McCulloch wrote:

> Not entirely smooth for me.
>
> After doing the update, my Dual 2Ghz G5 would not reboot... got
> stuck at a blue screen.
>
> A call to Apple Tech Support got it sorted out pretty easily, but
> my blood pressure was already on the rise!
>
> It turned out to be a conflict with something in my StartupItems
> folder (the possible culprits were VirtualPCOSServices, Tablet [for
> the wacom tablet], and Peer_Server [for a data visualization
> program] -- I didn't put any of those back because I don't need
> them, so I'm not sure which it was).
>
> Once the StartupItems folder was cleared out (by booting in safe
> mode), and I added back the items I really needed, I rebooted with
> fingers crossed. Since then, all has been great.
>
> Scott

The 10.4.5 update went smooth for me on my stock 350MHz G4 Sawtooth.

Microsoft and Windoze: The combination that made computing dangerous.
Apple and OS X: The combination that made computing insanely great.
"VISTA" an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.