[X4U] Apple dumping OSX....

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 13:05:09 PST 2006

On 2/17/06 1:54 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> At the same time, how many Graphics Professionals work on PowerBooks vs. G5
> Towers?  Time is money, and I would have thought that the tower is the only
> way to go.

I have both -- I know *many* graphics professionals who have both. I can't
always be home, so the PowerBook allows me to work away from home. A
PowerBook allows me to make presentations in clients offices; it allows me
to work for short spells in client offices, it allows me to work on
vacation, er, I mean work from my "remote office" in Florida or Texas or
France.

It's certainly not as quick nor comfortable to work on my 1GHz 17" PowerBook
with 1GB RAM as it is to work on my dual 2GHz G5 with 2.5GB RAM and a dual
monitor setup (23" Cinema Display and 17" Studio Display LCD). But, it's an
acceptable substitute when I simply am not able -- or choose not to -- work
at home.

-Linda