[X4U] switching back to panther from tiger

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Sat Feb 18 14:01:56 PST 2006

At 16:25 -0500  on 2/18/06, Judy Antipin wrote:

>Do I need to wipe the partition that has tiger,

I woulnd't think that the 8 GB limitation would really cause much of
a problem . . .but no, just do a clean install of Panther. I don't
think you can do an Archie and Install when going back . . . if you
can that would get your users and home directories moved back; but if
you are out of space on your boot partition then you may have to
erase and install. In that case . . .copy your home directory
somewhere else first . . .then copy it's contents, not the directory
itself, back once you get the new Panther home directory.

>In other words, will panther have trouble seeing a user folder
>generated by Tiger.

Shouldn't have any problem