[X4U] switching back to panther from tiger

Judy Antipin jlapro at verizon.net
Sat Feb 18 13:25:45 PST 2006

I put tiger on my quicksilver G4, which is partitioned, and ended up
with really slow performance, I think because my system partition is
only 8 gigs.

I've decided to just go back to panther - I don't have the time to back
up the other partitions and resize - plus I'm hoping to get one of the
new intel machines when I get my tax return.

Do I need to wipe the partition that has tiger, or is there a way I can
install panther 'over' it, I've had Tiger for a couple of months now,
will I have any trouble swapping in my current user folder over the
default panther one? In other words, will panther have trouble seeing a
user folder generated by Tiger.

If anyone else has been through this, any tips appreciated.

Judy