[X4U] Browser for ftp?

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Fri Feb 24 09:09:55 PST 2006

At 06:55 -0800 2/24/06, Mark Phillips wrote, and I snipped a bit:
>Pull down the Go menu and select Connect to Server. In the server  address field, enter your URL and click the Connect button. The  Finder will attempt to log on and "mount" the ftp site. If it works,  the ftp directory will be displayed as a common Finder window.
>
>When the window is opened, drag the file into the window area. The  upload should take place.

But you forget Steve's paranoia about malware..

Uploading by ftp in the Go menu is not allowed even if you have a password.

Personally I use curl but it requires use of the OD neXt command line. It would be pretty easy to prepare an AppleScript that passes a file associated with a drag-and-dropped icon to an established ftp site that doesn't change.

I am experimenting with a new, to me, web host that makes it possible to upload via anonymous ftp. It's a possibility but there may be danger.
--

--> In Christianity, man can have only one wife. This is known as monotony. <--