[X4U] Microphone setup

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Sun Feb 26 03:30:08 PST 2006

On Feb 26, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Lee Licata wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am trying to set up a microphone to use with my 17" PB running
> 10.4.5.  This radioshack mic -headphones as two plugs.
>
> I plug the device in, and while I can hear fine thru the
> headphones, I cannot get sound into the computer using the microphone.
>
> I have gone to the Speech prefs panel and selected line input for
> the mic. The sound bar does not move when I speak.
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> Should I buy a different mic?
>
> Lee

hello lee

i posted the same question some weeks back. a list member answered this:

"…but yeah, my reading revealed that Modern Macs require either self-
powered Mics or USB Mics, which sorta confused me, as USB devices are
not SELF-powered, but Mac-powered, via the USB bus.."

i ended up getting a usb logitech set.

regards

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.5 ::