[X4U] firewire woes

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Feb 27 01:27:17 PST 2006

B. Kuestner said:

>You're talking about a "powered hub". That is not common for FW-
>drives. In fact, I didn't even know that FW-drives exist, only that
>FW can be daisy-chained. Are you sure that although you might have FW-
>drives you have not attached them via USB?

FireWire drives don't attach via USB.  Though she may have USB drives
connected to a USB hub.

Just about every FireWire hub that I know of has the option of being run
self-powered via an AC adapter.

Here are a few examples of FireWire hubs:

<http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?store=macmall&source=zwb121
66&dpno=104355&adcampaign=email,zwb12166&wt.mc_id=zwb12166>

<http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo
=1645478&CatId=403>

and my favorite:

FireWire Dino!
http://www.charismac.com/Products/firedino/

All of these FireWire hubs have the option of being self-powered via an
AC adapter.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html