[X4U] firewire woes -> FW hubs

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Mon Feb 27 01:59:10 PST 2006

> FireWire drives don't attach via USB.  Though she may have USB drives
> connected to a USB hub.

But most FW drives ship with a USB connector as well. Given the
prevalence of USB-hubs I found it quite likely that maybe users buy a
FW drive (incl. USB connector) and then for some reason don't
actually use the FW interface.

Anyway, Linda has already clarified that there are FW-hubs. I wasn't
aware that they exist and somebody actually uses them.

What is the general consensus on these things? Experiences with
regards to stability, transfer speed, latency (for drives or even
audio equipment)?