Re2: [X4U] Leaving an iMac running 24/7

Lars Bertelsen lbe at mac.com
Mon Feb 27 14:45:58 PST 2006

Oh, and I just couldn't let this slide! ;-)
The Mac Plus flyback failures weren't caused by
heat so much as by the high frequency vibrations
of the transformer... We used to glue them in
place after repairing the joints, and they almost
never failed again!
On the other hand, there was a high voltage
capacitor on the same board which _did_ fail
because of excessive heat, so I guess the
principle applies! :-))

Lars Bertelsen

<snip>

--