[X4U] IPod and cold weather question

Allan Rube ¹ allan at nhbungalow.com
Sun Jan 1 14:14:32 PST 2006

Well, I can't be 100% sure it is the cold, but, I have had it one inside for
the last 4 hours with no problems. But then again, I was just walking or
sitting around.

Michael Peterson wrote:

> Have you tried it before you leave for the run indoors?  If it's
something
> that happens after X period of time, let it play for some
time.

Is it safe to
> assume that the iPod is carried somewheere where you
couldn't accidentally
> bump pause/play, and/or you have the keyguard
on, while you're running?

David Flory wrote:

> I'd tuck the iPod inside, close
> to my body. If it works there, then it was probably the temperature
> causing the problem.

I find that the best way to keep the hard drive working smoothly while
running is to carry it in my hand, in as close to a horizontal position as
possible. If I put it in a pocket, the jingling does cause more problems.
Like, it always freezing after the buffer plays out after 30+ or so minutes.

Allan

Nashua, New Hampshire
www.nebirds.com