[X4U] iTunes mystery

Jan Melichar janmel at mac.com
Mon Jan 2 03:51:48 PST 2006

On 2 Jan 2006, at 10:33, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

>>> It only displays when you are looking at a playlist.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>

>> Thanks for the tip but this does not work for me. Even with a
>> playlist selected and track ticked there is still nowhere to
>> initiate a burn.
>
> You don't see the Burn Disc button at the top right of the iTunes
> window?

NO

> What types of files are in the playlist?

Files imported into iTunes from commercial CDs presumably aiff but
now mp3

> Do you have a burner in your computer?

Yes two in fact one on the G5 dual G2 and LaCie DVD/cd burner

I'm puzzled too

I have now burned the CD via Toast but I would like to get to the
bottom of this since it's clearly simpler doing this via iTunes and
in any case I don't like having a crippled application.

Thanks.

Jan