[X4U] VGA card to ADP monitor

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Tue Jan 3 19:58:03 PST 2006

I am considering this converter to help solve the problem described
below.
	<http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI_ADC-converter.html#vgaadc>

Does anyone have an opinion of the device or experience with
alternative devices?

BTW, I have been playing with VNC for this problem, but so far I
haven't found real joy in terms of feature set and performance.

Thanks, in advance,

Mark Phillips

The connectivity problem:

I have three machines connected to a Belkin SOHO 4 port KVM that
supports USB for mouse and keyboard, and VGA/SVGA (HD-15) for the
monitor. This is currently connected to a ViewSonic P810 monitor. The
machines involved are two Pentium class boxes, one running Linux and
one Windows XP Pro, and a Mac Dual G5. The fourth port is not used at
the moment.

I have an Apple Cinema HD 30" display (2560x1600) and an Apple Cinema
HD 23" display (1920x1200).

There is a fourth machine, also a Mac Dual G5, connected to the 30"
display. This is my primary workstation.

I would like to retire the ViewSonic, and use one of the LCD monitors
for the KVM. The 23" display is the prime candidate.

It would be cool to have all the machines working with just one
display, the 30" display, but this is not a requirement.