[X4U] iTunes Autofills

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Tue Jan 3 21:00:17 PST 2006

I'm sure I can't be the only one...

I am in the process of cleaning up over 15 gigs of music...a project
that has been on my to-do list far too long.

iTunes is able to autofill the genre, artist, album, etc for me,
which would be very wonderful, except that the potential list is far
to lon, since I have many mispellings, typos, etc. that I have no
desire to replicate or to sift through.  This also causes problems
with capitalization, as if I have previously had field filled in all
lowercase, iTunes seems to default to this, even after I type in a
cap.  I can go back and manually change the first letter after I type
the whole word, but this is becoming all too time consuming.

Is there a way to delete potential autofill words from the fields?
Does this make sense?

I'm running iTunes 6.01 on Tiger (10.4.2).  Same problem on another
machine with iTunes 5.x and Panther.

Thanks!

Samantha