[X4U] iTunes Autofills

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Wed Jan 4 05:57:49 PST 2006

   > Is there a way to delete potential autofill words from the fields?
   > Does this make sense?

   Yes, you mean when typing into the tag fields...

   I've never tried to find where this is stored, but a quick glance at
   preference files doesn't turn anything up. There is no setting in
   iTunes that lets you change this; I assume it just takes what's in
   your Library file. Sorry, you'll have to either type, or use the

It is my experience that this is so: the completion (autofill) list is
drawn from the list of unique (including capitalization) values in the
field.

This is helpful when the data is mostly clean: typos stand out and go
away when you fix the last one.

FWIW, I have about 7700 songs in my library and have spent a HUGE
amount of time cleaning up the data.  Everyone you puts data into the
database does it (1) differently and (2) with their own set of typos.

Craig