[X4U] Windows on Mac Fact

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 12 14:52:52 PST 2006

On 1/12/06 2:06 PM, Richard Gilmore <rgilmor at uwo.ca> wrote:

> I was just surprised to read that for real Apple admitted you'll be able to
> run Windows on a Mac.

You just found this out? They admitted it last June when they first made the
Intel announcement.

>From http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/06/06/intelappleanalysts/index.php

Apple also confirmed that they would not stop customers from running Windows
on the Intel-based Mac, although the Mac OS will not run on another PC.

³We will not sell or support Windows, but we are not doing anything in the
hardware that would preclude someone from using it,² said Moody [Apple¹s
vice president of worldwide Mac product marketing]