[X4U] Batch iPhoto processing

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Fri Jan 13 19:42:33 PST 2006

I updated to iLife '06 and in iPhoto, I noticed that the color
saturation has changed for some of my pictures. Also, the identical
picture displays differently between iPhoto and Preview. After some
investigation I realized that some photos in iPhoto do not contain
embedded profiles. These "bare" photos are creating my problem and
once I add or embed a color profile all seems fine.

Here's my question. I have about 4,000 photos that I need to go
through and embed a color profile into all those without one now. All
these photos sit inside the Originals and Modified folders inside the
iPhoto folder. Manually checking and changing each photo is too time
consuming and out of the question. Is there some way to do it
automatically?

I looked into Photoshop, ColorSync Utility, and Preview and none
allow for batch processing. Any ideas?

Also, what's the best profile to embed? Adobe RGB, sRGB, etc.?

Thanks,
John