[X4U] Mail.app vs open source mail?

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Fri Jan 13 21:56:59 PST 2006

One thing that kept me from migrating is lack of integration:
Thunderbird does not support Spotlight nor OS X's Addressbook.

It's not in your list of priorities, I still found it worth mentioning.

As for migration, I think this site is obsolete, because as of Tiger
Mail doesn't use mboxes anymore. Always consider migration via an
IMAP server. But it can be a pain for large amounts of e-mail. You
have to setup your local IMAP server on the machine for that. The
advantage of it: You could use both applications for a while and just
try them out simultaneously. If you go that route, please post what
you did and how it worked.

Björn