[X4U] Mail.app vs open source mail?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 14 05:58:15 PST 2006

On 12 Jan 2006, at 16:33, net kat wrote:

> I'm considering migrating from Mail.app to an open source app, such
> as thunderbird, or mozilla mail.
> Important factors to me are...

I'm interested to know what's wrong with Mail.app for your purposes.
I don't use its filters but they seem OK to me, and its files are
stored in a standard *nix format (that should open natively in
Thunderbird, I think).

If you ask because you also want to access your mail on a PC then the
way to do it is probably NOT to carry all the message files around on
an external drive. An IMAP account would be FAR better.

Stroller.