[X4U] Odd Problem with OSX

Stan Gould groups at stangould.com
Sat Jan 14 10:14:49 PST 2006

Stroller:

Thanks for your help. In response to your questions, Yes, the file
remains in place after a reboot and the output from terminal was:
/Users/stangould/Desktop/ATT00022.jpg: empty

I agree with you that the file probably does not belong to OSX - but, as
an end user (I'm not a Unix geek), I tend to avoid messing with the OS
(one reason I am still at OS X 3.3...)

I went ahead and was able to delete -- will let you know if strange OS
behavior results.

Stan
Stroller Wrote:
Do you still get these messages if you reboot the machine & try again?

The output of `file ~/Desktop/ATT00022.jpg` (run in terminal, without
the quotes) would be interesting.

I am sure it doesn't belong to OS X and that it can safely be  deleted.
You could probably delete it from the Terminal, but I won't  tell you
how here _just in case_ I'm wrong & it's something important.