[X4U] Odd Problem with OSX

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 14 09:50:01 PST 2006

On 14 Jan 2006, at 17:32, Stan Gould wrote:

> ...I cannot move it to a folder or the trash. When I do so, I get
> this prompt:
> "Some of the items you are moving are in use by another
> application. Moving the items can cause problems with the
> application using them. Are you sure you want to move these items?"
> I'm not sure, so I don't move or trash it.  Nor can I open it. When
> I try, I get this:
> "Item 'ATT00022.jpg' is used by Mac OS X and cannot be opened."

Do you still get these messages if you reboot the machine & try again?

> Any ideas on what this file is?

The output of `file ~/Desktop/ATT00022.jpg` (run in terminal, without
the quotes) would be interesting.

> If it belongs to OS X how I can put it where it belongs, or if not,
> how I can delete it?

I am sure it doesn't belong to OS X and that it can safely be
deleted. You could probably delete it from the Terminal, but I won't
tell you how here _just in case_ I'm wrong & it's something important.

Stroller.