[X4U] 250G drive

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Jan 17 13:06:16 PST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 4:42 AM, Mitchell Senft wrote:

> Just picked up a 250G internal drive for our G5 (10.4.4).
>
> Do I or do I not require an ATA/133 PCI card? The box says yes for
> drives bigger than 137G but the G5 came with a 160G drive. And
> Maxtor's site doesn't seem to have the answer.

I don't have a G5 minitower (yet), but doesn't that use SATA (serial
ATA) for internal drives? If the drive you purchased is a "normal"
ATA drive, then I think you do unless the G5 also supports this.

I could very well be wrong, just want to make sure everyone's on the
same page as far as interfaces go. Either way, the 250 MB shouldn't
be a problem for the G5.

-Mike