[X4U] 250G drive

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 17 13:15:03 PST 2006

On 17 Jan 2006, at 10:42, Mitchell Senft wrote:

> Just picked up a 250G internal drive for our G5 (10.4.4).
>
> Do I or do I not require an ATA/133 PCI card?

If the new drive is an SATA drive you'll find it fits perfectly when
you open the side of the G5. There are little power & SATA connectors
tucked away underneath the drive bay.

If the new drive doesn't match those connectors, and has instead a 40-
pin connector like that at the back of the optical drive, then take
it back to the shop & ask them to exchange it for an SATA one. It'll
cost a few dollars more, but probably not as much as a PCI EIDE card
that may not be supported under OS 10.7.

Stroller.