[X4U] Tiger DVD burning: LAME!

netkat at comcast.net netkat at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 07:13:47 PST 2006

to add to our body of knowledge, here's a summary
of my DVD-burning tale of woe:

(Machine:  1.42ghz Mini, factory-installed
everything: Superdrive, 1GB RAM, Airport,
bluetooth, modem, video card, stock hard drive.
Also, all data to be burned was on the mini's own
internal drive, also its boot volume).

got a burn error a minute or two into burning
("Writing track 1")

The error said: "Sorry, the operation could not
be completed because an unexpected error occurred
(Error code 0x8002006D). (This error was
different from the "Communication error" I got
later after getting burning back on track. A
restart was needed to get around THAT error.
Didn't jot down the exact verbage of that error,
but it was something like "burning failed because
of a communication error with burner.)

After exhausting my knowledge of troubleshooting,
called Apple support:

turn off computer, Start up again, holding
apple option O F
reset-nvram
ok
reset-all
apple opt p q - 4 chimes

also:
tossed:

com.apple.finder.plist
com.apple.digihub.plist (not there)
com.apple.sidebarlists.plist

After doing all these things, I still had issues
with the Mini thinking 4.11GB was too much data
for my disc, and the communication errors with
burner (resolved by restarting).

A few times, I had to make disc images of my data
to 'trick' the mini into burning (which it then
did).

I used a combination of making burn folders, then
burning, as well as dragging my data onto a DVD
icon, then burning. No clear winner with either
of those techniques.

nk